www.facebook.com/brookemeganchildsracing

Sunday 3 June 2012

Top Novice

The nerves set in on the morning off my first race and to make it worse the track was wet!!!!!

So after a night sleeping in our van at the track, I woke up early ready for scrutineering at 8am.  Here they check over my kart, tyres, brakes, and engine number, my boots have to have grip, my suit & helmet must be FIA approved. My kart and I are weighed and must be 99 kilo's min. I am 110 with my kart.

Next we had a breakfast camp site!!! Bacon Rolls (Yummy)

At the drivers briefing they go through the rules, they are pretty strict and experienced drivers are told to look out for novices.....which puts me at ease.

I'm called for practice, 3 laps round the track was soaking but I made it round safely.

I'm at the back as I'm a novice (black plates) but its a good place to be to work on my lines and follow the more experienced drivers. There were 3 heats and I managed to take 9 seconds of my lap time.  My fastest lap of the day was 50.06seconds.  :)) Winning me "TOP NOVICE" I was pretty proud.

No crashes and no spin outs to report.




No comments:

Post a Comment